These can be squeezed in to any space in the oven shortly before the turkey is finished cooking. If you cook them in a pretty pie dish they can go straight to the table while still hot.
- 1 1⁄2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Mix with the olive oil, salt and pepper in a sheet pan and roast until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, about 40 minutes. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- Serve immediately.