What is an Adrenal Cocktail and do I need one?
An adrenal cocktail is not an alcoholic drink, but a nourishing drink that can help stabilize your energy and support well being by supporting your adrenal health.
What does adrenal health have to do with energy? Your adrenal glands are endocrine glands that produce a variety of hormones including adrenaline and the steroids aldosterone and cortisol, which effect metabolism, glucose usage, blood pressure, immunity, and stress response regulation.
What symptoms indicate adrenals need support?
- Hair loss
- Slumps in the afternoon
- Dry skin
- Low libido
- Irregular menses
- Feeling cold when others feel warm
- Exhaustion even with enough of sleep
- Brain fog, irritability and anxiousness
- Burst of energy in the evening
- Inconsistent sleep patterns
- Craving salty or sweet foods
How to make an adrenal cocktail
To make an adrenal cocktail three crucial ingredients are needed to restore the balance of vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes your body needs to replenish cortisol, regulate blood sugar, and balance hormones to alleviate adrenal fatigue symptoms!
- Whole food vitamin C
From there, you can add on additional options to increase energy and minerals, which are depleted in most of us. For example, maple syrup for glucose and additional minerals. Collagen for essential amino acids to sustain blood sugar regulation.
Adrenal Cocktail Recipe
- Whole food C source: 4-6 ounces organic lemon or orange juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- Potassium source: 1/4 cup organic coconut water or 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Sodium source: pinch – 1/4 tsp Himalayan or Redmond salt
- 1 scoop Inner Beauty Collagen
- 1 tube NingXia Nitro
- Splash raw heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/2-1 ounce magnesium bicarbonate
- Sparkling or Soda Stream water to top off
Mix all ingredients in a 12 ounce cup/jar and top with sparkling water. Sip throughout the day or drink during the afternoon energy slump.