There are a number of automated emails that are sent to keep you up to date on your order status. If you do not receive an order confirmation by email, please check your junk/spam folder and add us to your contacts, address book or whitelist. You can always check the status of your order on the My Account page, even if you can’t find any emails about your order.
Digital Product Terms
We put significant time and energy into creating our course materials and digital downloads, and unfortunately once a customer has accessed the content, there’s no way to guarantee they have not copied or saved the information. Because of this we do not offer returns or refunds on digital products once they have been accessed or downloaded. If you have any questions about whether a digital product will meet your needs, please contact us.
Website Services Terms
Some website services are subscriptions (your domain name and hosting). You can cancel your subscription(s) at any time. You’ll still have access to the domain and/or hosting until the end of the period you have paid for. We do not offer refunds on any website services.
Hatching Eggs Terms
- Date: Hatching egg orders will be filled/shipped in the order they are received. At times, there may be a waitlist for popular breeds. If you need eggs by a certain date, please contact us prior to placing your order and we will let you know whether we can get your eggs to you on your desired date. We are not currently taking orders for specific dates during peak season (March through May).
- Packing: We pack our hatching eggs using only reused, compostable and recyclable materials. We do not believe in using styrofoam or single-use plastics and will not buy them to pack our eggs in. We have not had any issues with our eggs being damaged with our reused materials packing method. The only damage customers have reported was in cases when the boxes were not handled well during shipment and no packing method would have likely made a difference.
- Shipping: All of our eggs are shipped via USPS Priority Mail, which typically takes 1-3 days to arrive depending on how far you are from us. Half dozens are shipped in a medium box and full dozens in a large box. We do our best to ensure hatching eggs are packed securely with plenty of cushioning and we mark all of our boxes “Fragile.” We personally drop off each box with our postmaster, and we can mark the box to be held at your local post office to avoid a day of bouncing around on your mail carrier’s route if you prefer (if you’d like us to have your box held, add your contact phone number on the product page before adding your hatching eggs to the cart).
- Tracking: As soon as we prepare your order, you will get an email with a USPS tracking number so you will know when to expect your hatching eggs. Eggs are usually shipped Monday through Wednesday via USPS Priority Mail and typically arrive within 1-3 days. If you live within the 1-2 day shipping zone from the eastern panhandle of West Virginia, we may ship your eggs on a Thursday or Friday.
- Damage and Insurance: All USPS Priority Mail includes insurance. If there is any damage to your box or eggs, please contact your post master (and please let us know too). If your eggs arrive cracked or broken, please notify us as soon as possible in order to receive a refund. Any free extra eggs included in your order will be considered a replacement for any damaged eggs.
- Hatch Not Guaranteed: Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that your eggs will hatch. Even experienced poultry keepers with high-end hatching equipment often have mixed hatching success. Please see our hatching tips page for ideas of things you can do to ensure the best hatch possible.
- Cancelation Fee: Any orders canceled by the customer due to not adhering to the above terms will be subject to a 5% cancelation fee, with a $10 minimum cancelation fee. Please make sure you understand our terms before placing your order. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Live Bird Terms
All chicks, juveniles and adult birds must be picked up at the farm or we can personally deliver locally. We do not ship birds at this time. While we do our best to ensure we are providing you with vibrant, healthy birds we cannot guarantee their health once they leave our farm. Best practice is to keep any new birds separated from your existing flock for 30 days.
All puppy deposits are non-refundable. If you do not purchase a puppy from the available litter, you can apply your deposit to our next litter, we typically have a litter once every year or two. Puppy selection is in the order of the deposit received. If you are sure of which puppy you want, please put your deposit down as soon as possible after our phone interview to ensure you get your pick. We review our guarantee and puppy return policy with all prospective buyers during our phone interview, after the puppy questionnaire is completed.
All livestock deposits are non-refundable. If you do not purchase the calf/cow or lamb/sheep that you placed your deposit on, you can apply your deposit to another animal if available, we typically have lambs once per year, available for pickup in the spring and calves once per year, available for pickup in the fall. Lamb selection is in the order of the deposit received. If you are sure of which lamb(s) you want, please put your deposit down as soon as possible after our phone interview to ensure you get your pick(s). We review our guarantee and livestock return policy with all prospective buyers during our phone interview, after the lamb or cattle questionnaire is completed.
Last updated: December 3, 2023