Fungi and yeast feed on decomposing or dead tissues. They exist everywhere: inside our stomachs, on our skin, and all around us. When in balance, the yeast and fungi populating our bodies are harmless and digest what our bodies cannot or do not use.
When we overfeed the fungi (for example with too much sugar and dairy products) the population grows out of control. This condition is known as systemic candidiasis and is marked by fungi invading the blood, gastrointestinal tract, and tissues. Fungal cultures like candida excrete large amounts of poisons called mycotoxins as part of their life cycles. These poisons must be detoxified by the liver and immune system.
Insufficient intake of minerals and trace minerals like magnesium, potassium, and zinc may also stimulate candida and fungal overgrowth in the body. Symptoms of Systemic Fungal Infection:
- Fatigue/low energy
- Low resistance to illness
- Unbalanced blood sugar
- Mood swings
- Colitis and ulcers
- Urinary tract infections
- Rectal or vaginal itch
Two Powerful Fungus Fighters
Two of the most powerful weapons for fighting fungus infections such as candida are FOS (fructoligosaccharides) and L. acidophilus cultures.
FOS has been clinically documented in dozens of peer-reviewed studies for its ability to build up the healthy intestinal flora in the colon and combat the overgrowth of negative bacteria and fungi. Acidophilus cultures have also been shown to combat fungus overgrowth in the gastrointestinal tract. Royaldophilus is an excellent source of L. acidophilus cultures, and Stevia Select is a superior source of plant-derived FOS.
Most times the root cause to fungal and parasite infections is chronic stress, burned out adrenals, poor diet and lifestyle, this includes the use of antibiotics. The bugs have arrived to teach you that you must clean up the diet, your lifestyle and detox the body. A weakened immune system opens the door wide open to candida and fungal infections to take root and proliferate in your stressed body.
Tips for Combating Systemic Fungal Infections:
Use this protocol for at least 30 days:
- The best healing lifestyle and diet is one in which you do not feed the bugs, such as a ketogenic or Paleo approach. This includes eating real, clean food with no grains, dairy (other than grass fed butter), no sugar, no alcohol or processed foods. Your diet should consists primarily of grass fed meat, good fats, eggs, lots of green leafy and colorful vegetables, nuts and seeds and a small amount of fruit. Also include lots of fresh garlic, ginger, turmeric, coconut oil, fresh lemons, limes, grapefruit and their juices, these are especially helpful for healing candida and fungal infections. (If this is not a diet you’re accostomed to, check out the Whole30 for a straightforward way to get started.)
- Enzymes to help digest harmful microbes and help you digest and absorb nutrients. Take with meals. (Essentialzyme)
- Avoid stress and unnecessary antibiotics.
- Dilute 1-2 drops in carrier oil such as coconut oil and take as a dietary supplement after a meal, using a different oil each day (there are more options, but I think these would be the best place to start):
- Thieves Vitality essential oil. Reduce stress, neutralize bacterial and viral pathogens, improve digestion, strengthen bones and reduce inflammation.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) essential oil. This oil possesses powerful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
- Frankincense Vitality essential oil
- Oregano Vitality essential oil
- Liver support. A key component to healing your body of pathogenic microbes – removing congestion from the liver. (JuvaTone Tablets)
- Saccharomyces boulardii is a probiotic yeast that inhibits the yeast that causes candida. Found in kombucha. To reduce sugar in kombucha, let sit at room temperature for 24 hours before consuming. (If not homemade, I recommend GT’s Gingerade)
- Strong Probiotics. To repopulate the healthy bacteria. Take on an empty stomach at night. (Life 9 Probiotic Supplement)
- Include trace minerals if you suspect they may be insufficient. (Mineral Essence)
Also if it’s not Candida, this 30 day protocol will cover a large percentage of imbalances and pathogenic microbes!
Candida Protocol Itemized
|Essentialzyme 90 ct||$42.75||$56.25|
|Thieves Vitality 5ml||$15.25||$20.07|
|Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) 15ml||$27.75||$36.51|
|Frankincense Vitality 5ml||$31.75||$41.78|
|Oregano Vitality 5ml||$12.50||$16.45|
|JuvaTone Tablets 150 ct||$38.25||$50.33|
|Life 9 Probiotic Supplement 30 ct||$30.75||$40.46|
|Basic Starter Kit*||$35.00|